*Update: We are NOT purchasing any more collections until further notice. We are currently in a purchasing freeze due several factors including a large backlog of unsorted LEGO collections, COVID-19 safety protocols, and a staffing shortage. Once we resume purchasing collections we will remove this message and go back to our normal procedure for buying them. We are aiming to resume buying collections at some point at the beginning of 2021. If you would like to sell your collection to us and are willing to wait until we start buying again, you are welcome to message us and set up a preliminary screening so we can make an offer once we resume buying again. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your patience.*
We buy collections of LEGO in lots from 30 pounds to 500+ pounds – smaller lots are not cost-effective to ship.
We have a 30 pound minimum for us to consider purchasing. We are located in the United States and will not buy from outside the United States due to the high cost of shipping.
The following is the information that we need to be able to assess your LEGO and make an offer to you. Contact us at LEGO purchasing with ALL of the information under “to make an offer” in your initial email. Due to the number of inquiries we receive, we may not be able to respond to yours if the information is incomplete.
In order to make an offer:
- Several pictures, one of the entire lot and a few close ups. Please try to make pictures around 3-5 MB each (large enough to show detail but not so large as to be the entire screen).
- We need your zip code that you’re shipping from.
- We need the weight of the lot not including any plastic bins/containers the LEGO are in. Most people will weigh themselves while holding the LEGO and then again without it and take the weight difference.
- Let us know any additional information about the LEGO such as what set numbers you may have or describe the themes (castle, space, Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc…). It does not matter if the LEGO is sorted or a big mess or if sets are incomplete.
After we have the pictures, shipping zip code, and weight we will make you an offer. If you agree to our offer we will send prepaid shipping labels and your payment.
If you accept our offer, we will need:
- PayPal email address to send payment.
- Email address to send FedEx Ground pre-paid labels (if different from PayPal email).
- The approximate size and weight of the box(es). For example, box 1 – 12″ x 16″ x 18″ = 25 lbs, box 2 – 20″ x 20″ x 20″ = 40 lbs, etc. Less boxes is always better (unless its over 50 lbs). It’s okay to pack a big box, but only up to about 20″ x 20″ x 20″ and up to about 50 lbs. We will need that information to create the FedEx Ground labels that we will email to you. Please line the box with a garbage bag so that if the box gets crunched, the LEGO doesn’t spill out. Baseplates should go on the top or side to not be damaged (raised baseplates should always go on top). PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES FOR SHIPPING. If you don’t, we may ask you to repack your collection according to our guidelines. Failure to do so may result in us altering the offer amount or withdrawing it completely.
- Your address to use as a return/origination address for the FedEx labels.
Payment and shipping:
Once we have the shipping information so that we can create the labels, we will send your payment through Paypal and email the prepaid labels. Labels and payment may take up to two weeks depending on the amount of collection purchases we have pending and our budget. Once you receive the labels or email from us, take your packed box(es) to an authorized FedEx drop off location (found on FedEx’s website).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- How much do you pay per pound?
Our offers vary depending on several factors including (but not limited to):
Types of LEGO included, condition of the collection, location you’re shipping from, if minifigures from the sets are included, how many collections we’ve purchased recently, how much unsorted LEGO we have at that moment, etc.
- Do you pay more if my collection is sorted by color or type?
No. We have our own sorting method so it’ll all get put through our sorting process anyway.
- Do you buy sealed LEGO sets?
Yes, but we still only pay by the pound.
- Do you buy LEGO Instruction books & empty LEGO boxes?
Yes, but only if they’re included with the collection. We don’t buy them on their own. We may also opt to have you take any instruction books & empty boxes out of the collection when selling to us in order to keep shipping costs down.
- Do you buy non-LEGO brand “interlocking bricks & toys” (ex: Mega Bloks, Coby, BTR, Kre-O, etc)?
No. We only buy LEGO brand product. Please remove any non-LEGO products or toys from your collection before weighing it for an offer.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We look forward to learning more about your LEGO!